What steps do I take to become a patient at the UF Center for Movement Disorders and Neurorestoration?
1. Contact your physician. This can be your family doctor, your internal medicine physician, your neurologist, or any physician who feels you may have a movement disorder.
2. Have your physician’s office fill out a referral form (Download the Neurology Department Referral Form here and download the Center brochure here) or fax your demographic information. They can obtain a referral form by calling our scheduling department at 352-294-5000. The schedulers can respond to any questions you may have about the Center for Movement Disorders and Neurorestoration.
3. Ask your doctor’s office to fax the following information:
- Your demographic information
- Copy(ies) of your insurance card(s)
- Your recent medical records specific to your movement disorder
This should be faxed to 352-294-5010.
4. If you don’t hear from us within 10-15 business days, please contact your referring physician’s office to be sure they sent us the requested information. Once this has been verified, then call 352-294-5000 to ask about your appointment.
Thank you for your interest!
After you have an appointment
Below is a video you can watch and a form you can fill out that will make your first visit much smoother.
Watch the video below by clicking the play button:
Download the PDF form below (by right-clicking on the link and choosing “Save As”), print it out, then fill it out to the best of your ability. It is quite lengthy so if you are unable to fill out portions of it before your visit, that is OK. Bring it with you to your appointment and we will help you fill out the portions you were unable to complete.
We look forward to seeing you in clinic!
Preparing for your visit
1) Please review the following list of medications. If you are taking any of these medications, please stop these medications at least 12 hours prior to your first appointment.
***If you are not taking any of the medications listed, please continue to take your medications as directed by your local physician. You should take all other medications and eat a normal breakfast or lunch before your visit. ***
2) Please ensure you bring your completed questionnaire with you to your appointment. This will streamline your first visit and allow the physician more time to discuss your medical history and evaluate your movement disorder.
3) Please bring ALL of your current medications with you to your visit, in the appropriate bottle as given to you by your pharmacy.
4) Please come prepared to discuss the following:
a. Past medications you have taken and why you stopped them.
b. Past surgical procedures relevant to your movement disorder.
c. Any family medical history that may be relevant to your movement disorder.
5) Please bring any additional relevant medical records or other examinations that your referring physician’s office may not have sent us. Also, please make sure to bring the films and/or CDs from any relevant radiological studies (CT, MRI, X-ray, PET scan, etc.) that you have had done within the last 2 years. Additionally, if you have had any genetic studies done, please bring the results with you to your visit
As always, our staff is available to answer any questions you may have concerning your new patient evaluation. Also, we are happy to try and assist with some special arrangements if you will be in need of assistance during your visit. Please call (352) 294-5000 to reach a member of our scheduling team.
Map and Parking
Below is a Google map to our location. You can use the “directions” function to get directions from your home to the Center.
Parking is available in the section highlighted in the map below for free with a voucher after your appointment.